PetroClear®, a longtime trusted manufacturer of fuel-dispensing filters, has introduced new Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) dispenser filtration products designed to help prevent retail and commercial fuel site operators from distributing contaminated DEF.
Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) systems in diesel vehicles are extremely sensitive to DEF contamination. (ISO 22241 provides stringent purity standards for DEF.) Vehicle problems stemming from contaminated DEF range from on-board indicator lamps illuminating, to premature water pump and injector wear, to SCR repair or replacement, which can be costly. PetroClear’s new DEF Dispenser Filter Housing and DEF Dispenser Filter Elements help filter contaminants before they reach the vehicle’s on-board DEF filter.
“Quality DEF dispenser filtration products, such as PetroClear’s new DEF Dispenser Filter Housing and DEF Dispenser Filter Elements, along with good DEF dispenser maintenance practices, are essential components of a strong DEF quality assurance program,” said Dwight Rutledge, PetroClear Business Development Manager.
PetroClear’s new DEF Dispenser Filter Housing is constructed of heavy-duty 316L stainless steel for maximum durability and includes a mounting bracket kit and wrench. Additional benefits of PetroClear’s DEF Dispenser Filter Housing include:
- 1-inch NPT or 1-inch BSPT inlet/outlet connections are available
- Includes a ring nut closure to facilitate quick cartridge changeouts
- Features a spring-loaded knife edge seal that provides positive sealing for filter element
PetroClear’s new DEF Dispenser Filter Elements filter urea crystals and other contaminants to prevent them from reaching a vehicle’s on-board DEF filter. Additional benefits include:
- 5 micron (absolute) and 10 micron (absolute) particulate removing filters are available
- Filter elements help prevent SCR malfunctions resulting from DEF contamination
- Elements help extend the life of vehicle’s on-board DEF filters