Frank Gleeson, president of Aramark Northern Europe, has been named the 2018-19 NACS Chairman. Gleeson began his one-year term this week at the NACS Show, the global convenience and fuel retailing industry’s premier event. The 2018 NACS Show took place October 7-10 in Las Vegas.
Gleeson joined Aramark in 2014 as managing director of food services Ireland and more recently as COO of its Northern Europe group. Prior to Aramark, he served as vice president of retail for Statoil Ireland, and in 2005 became the retail director for Topaz Energy Group, the largest importer and distributor of transport fuel in Ireland. There, Gleeson led a team responsible for the successful development and rollout of the Topaz brand in 2008, an integration of Shell and Statoil service stations, and was responsible for the retail business of more than 340 sites.
As NACS Chairman, Gleeson also leads the NACS Executive Committee. The retail members of the NACS Executive Committee provide strategic direction and financial oversight to the association. Newly elected committee members are:
- Vice Chairman, Treasurer: Julie Jackowski, Casey’s General Stores Inc. (Ankeny, IA)
- Vice Chairman, Legislative: Kevin Smartt, Kwik Chek Food Stores Inc. (Austin, TX)
- Vice Chairman, Member Services: Jared Scheeler, The Hub Convenience Stores Inc. (Dickinson, ND)
- Vice Chairman, Convention: Richard Parry, Aloha Petroleum Ltd. (Honolulu, HI)
- Vice Chairman, Research: Andy Jones, Sprint Food Stores Inc. (Wrens, GA)
- Vice Chairman: Don Rhoads, The Convenience Group LLC (Vancouver, WA)
- Vice Chairman: Ari Haseotes, Cumberland Farms Inc. (Westborough, MA)
- Vice Chairman, Political Engagement: Joe Sheetz, Sheetz Inc. (Altoona, PA)
Previous NACS chairman, Rahim Budhwani (2016-17) of 6040 LLC (Birmingham, AL) will also serve on the NACS Executive Committee.
A member-driven organization, NACS is led by a 30-member Board of Directors, which includes three retailers from non-North American countries. In addition, the chairman and chairman-elect of the NACS Supplier Board also serve on the Board of Directors.
During the NACS Show in Las Vegas, NACS named two new retail members to its Board of Directors:
- Anne Gauthier, St. Romain Oil Company, LLC (Mansura, LA)
- Nick Lacaillade, Certified Oil Company (Columbus, OH)