NACS State of the Industry Summit
April 13 - April 14
Get ready: This day will ignite your future.
The NACS State of the Industry Summit is the only event that delivers insights—not just facts—on the latest financial, operational, categorical, regional market, and consumer trends in convenience. Attend this LIVE, one-day-only digital experience to gain the timely, pressing, proprietary data and performance benchmarks you need to make breakthrough decisions on the strategies critical to winning trips, building bigger baskets and growing shopper loyalty. Ready for the next level? It starts here.
- Get a first-look at the consumer, financial and operational data months before the SOI Report is released.
- Benchmark your business against competitors in your region and across the country.
- Get ahead of trends before they get ahead of you with the latest economic, consumer, convenience and adjacent channel trends that impact your business.
- Retailers and industry experts share insights that will help you capitalize on trends, avoid pitfalls and optimize the performance of your business.
Leading retailers and industry partners who want to stay ahead of emerging trends and appreciate the value of using data-driven benchmarking to improve their businesses.
Retail Attendee Profile:
• Chief executives, presidents, & owners
• Senior leadership across the organization
• Staff from key functions:
• Category Management
• Real Estate
About the NACS State of the Industry Summit:
With 50 years of convenience industry data, analysis and strategic insights behind it, NACS State of the Industry (SOI) Summit provides the data-powered answers you need to help set the course forward for your business. Each spring, we bring together business professors, economists and top-performing c-store retailers to help break down the latest consumer, financial and operational data across the convenience channel—live from the stage. Historically held over two fast-paced days, this year’s virtual event is the industry’s only event where convenience retailers gain access to the newest metrics—as well as industry trends, opportunities and ‘watch-outs’—in essential topic areas such as finance, labor, store operations, merchandising and fuel sales.