Wayne Fueling Systems (“Wayne”), part of Dover Fueling Solutions (“DFS”) and a global provider of fuel dispensing, payment, automation, and control technologies for retail and commercial fuel stations, announced today that there are now more than 40,000 Wayne Fusion™ site automation server units installed at customer retail locations globally.
The Fusion site automation server ties systems and devices together, including point-of-sale (POS), electronic payment systems (EPS), dispensers, back office systems, price signs, and tank gauges. By giving users better visibility over many of their current devices with a single tool, it allows costs to be reduced, and eliminates potential points of failure. A single Fusion automation server can replace a customer’s current forecourt controller, automatic tank gauge (ATG) system, petroleum-retail console, interface and distribution boxes, and third-party proprietary controllers.
The Fusion automation server also works seamlessly with an innovative collection of DFS cloud services. These include:
- Wayne iSense™ remote monitoring, which provides real-time updates on sites, the status of equipment, and the state of sales, all from an innovative cloud-based solution, which allows station owners to monitor pricing, maintenance issues, flow rates, and much more from virtually anywhere.
- Media products such as the inOvtionTV™ media platform and the Wayne IX Media™ platform that deliver industry leading professional content from ESPN, CNN, Weather Channel, Hollywood News and more or a “Bring Your Own Content” model for retailers wanting to supply in-house developed content.
- Industry leading wetstock analysis solutions such as the ClearView™ solution and Fairbanks™ wetstock management services that deliver Statistic Inventory Reconciliation (SIR) and real-time wetstock analysis helping to identify and recover fuel loss as well as addressing safety and environmental issues.
- Head Office functionality which allows retailers to remotely access fuel transaction and tank data for one or more sites in their network.
- Extensions that allow for easy integration to a wide variety of mobile payment and loyalty platform providers.
“We are very pleased with the positive global response to the Fusion site automation server, and are proud to observe this exciting milestone of more than 40,000 units operating worldwide,” said DFS General Manager – Systems Business Unit, Kurt Dillen. “We’re excited to continue to provide our customers with groundbreaking technology, quality products and exceptional service.”
To learn more, visit www.wayne.com.