American Trucking Associations’ Technology & Maintenance Council honored several industry professionals with a variety of awards for their important service to the council and the industry.
“For more than six decades, TMC has striven to advance the professional standards for commercial vehicle maintenance,” said Robert Braswell, TMC executive director. “The technicians and executives we honor here are doing that every day – and they all set the bar for excellence in this industry every day.”
Honorees at this year’s TMC annual meeting were:
- Eileen Wessels and Bonne Karim, retired TMC Silver Spark Plug members, who were honored with TMC’s Uncle Darrell TMC Mentor Award;
- Travis Crow, general manager, Travel Centers of America, who was honored with the Excellence in Maintenance Supervision Award;
- Brant Schneider, strategic account manager, Alcoa Wheel Products, who was honored as a Recognized Associate;
- Dave Dettman, general manager, QTC Transportation Holdings, LLC, who was honored with the Peggy Fisher Study Group Leadership Award, and;
- Steve Woodbeck, director of sales, Lite-Check Inc., who was honored with the Study Group Secretary Award;
- Peggy Fisher, president of TireStamp Inc., who was honored with the TMC Gerri Murphy Membership Leadership Award.
TMC is America’s premier technical society for truck equipment technology and maintenance professionals. TMC features a diverse membership of equipment managers, service-dealers, owner-operators, industry suppliers and manufacturers, educators, academia and others that support the trucking industry. TMC member fleets represent the broad range of industry vocations, including truckload, less-than-truckload, municipal, private, on/off-highway, construction and other operations. Find out more about TMC online at http://tmc.trucking.org.