IronPlanet®, a leading online marketplace for selling and buying used equipment and other durable assets, in conjunction with its TruckPlanet marketplace, launched Fleet Services featuring IronPlanet Truck Locator. With access to over $200 million in Class 8 and other trucks, Fleet Services, and particularly IronPlanet Truck Locator, will uniquely meet the needs of multi-unit and fleet buyers.
“IronPlanet and its TruckPlanet marketplace have become go-to destinations for the disposition and purchase of quality used heavy equipment and trucks,” said Paul Blalock, Vice President, Truck Sales, IronPlanet. “With our new Fleet Services program, and IronPlanet Truck Locator, we are now also the destination for fleet buyers of all sizes. If you want to buy one late-model sleeper or daycab, that’s great and we have what you want, but now if you want to buy 25 matched trucks that are all trade-term ready, IronPlanet Truck Locator will help you manage or grow your fleet quickly, easily and economically all at once.”
While all of IronPlanet’s 1.5 million registered users worldwide can participate, IronPlanet Truck Locator is tailor-made for buyers who want to buy in bulk, who are not looking to buy one at a time during on-site or online auctions and who want to work with a dedicated sales team that knows the details and is close to the deal.
IronPlanet’s Fleet Services will:
- Control revenue and increase the speed of cash recovery for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and other sellers
- Offer buyers access to over $200 million in fleet inventory from leading truck brands
- Facilitate bulk sales that leverage IronPlanet’s leading technology and marketplace advantages
- Meet the needs of fleet managers who have limited time and need access to a broad multi-unit buying format they can trust
- Include industry-leading customer care from IronPlanet and TruckPlanet’s Inside Sales Team
- Expand to other equipment classes such as IronPlanet’s new shipping container inventory, available soon for multi-unit purchase
- Provide a worldwide reach to make national and international buying, selling and delivery of fleet inventory as seamless as possible
Though commercial trucks will be of immediate focus, IronPlanet anticipates rolling out this format to other asset classes, including storage and shipping containers, in the near future. More information can be found on IronPlanet.com and TruckPlanet.com.