The U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT’s) Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) announced its electronic logging device (ELD) Implementation National Tour—a public education and outreach campaign geared toward helping commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers transition to ELDs.
In several cities across the country, FMCSA subject matter experts will lead driver-focused presentations and panel discussions on ELD implementation.
As required by law, all carriers subject to the ELD rule must convert from paper logs or logging software to a registered ELD if they do not have an automatic on-board recording device (AOBRD) by December 18, 2017.
FMCSA agency staff at their interactive exhibit booth will answer questions, provide consumer-friendly resources and materials, and review drivers’ and carriers’ responsibilities.
FMCSA’s ELD Implementation National Tour dates and locations are as follows:
- July 13 – 15: Iowa 80 Truckstop Jamboree (Walcott, Iowa)
- August 24 – 26: Great American Trucking Show (Dallas, Texas)
- September 25 – 27: North American Commercial Vehicle Show (Atlanta, Georgia)
- October 14 – 15: California Trucking Show (Ontario, California)
- October 21 – 24: American Trucking Associations Management Conference & Exhibition (Orlando, Florida)
- November 6 – 8: Women in Trucking Accelerate! Conference & Expo (Kansas City, Missouri)
For more information about ELDs, including the ELD rule, frequently asked questions and other resources, please visit www.FMCSA.DOT.gov/ELD.