Verifone has unveiled Verifone Carbon– a flexible and integrated POS that leverages powerful capabilities and applications.
“Today, merchants need trusted tools and services to create simple, secure and engaging consumer shopping experiences and new ways to grow their businesses,” said Glen Robson, executive vice president of Verifone Systems. “Verifone Carbon is our most well-designed and technologically advanced product ever.”
Robson adds, “It uniquely delivers on our vision of the future of commerce in a connected world by bringing together payments, applications, customer service functions and other solutions for running a business into a single integrated system. It’s a cutting-edge solution for merchants who want to experience the joy of truly frictionless commerce.”
The point of purchase has been evolving over 30 years, but today the need to be connected – and the endless possibilities those connections represent – require a new approach and different design ethos.
Verifone Carbon offers a secure business solution that is designed perfectly for café owners, quick service restaurants and retail stores. Featuring dual high-resolution screens that are optimized for merchants and consumers, the system integrates into a sleek stand with built-in high-speed printer, and optional cash drawer at the base – requiring minimal counter space and offering portability for mPOS activities.
Every detail of Verifone Carbon has been engineered with the intention of making the most of the interactions between merchants and consumers at the POS, including:
- Integrated design with dual screens: Merchants run register and business apps from the tablet screen and consumers pay and interact with personalized, targeted messaging from a smaller screen.
- World-class processor and operating systems: Merchant side powered by Intel running an open Android OS; consumer side powered by the Verifone Engage platform.
- Portable and countertop: Detach and reattach the system when needed, with an ergonomic handle for perfect balance and mPOS activities.j
- Accepts all forms of payment: Swipe, tap or dip with the chip slot positioned for both portable and countertop…with no knuckle scraping.
- Built to last: Enhanced scratch and impact resistant surfaces with optimal screen clarity using Corning® Gorilla® Glass.
- Connectivity: Always on, always connected with USB, Ethernet, WiFi and Bluetooth.
- Battery Life: Get up to six hours of uninterrupted mPOS power.
Verifone Carbon will come loaded with Verifone’s Commerce Platform, an open, cloud-based and secure engagement platform where businesses can quickly customize applications and services. New and interesting commerce experiences will be possible for merchants as they enhance consumer interactions beyond payments. This capability will be available through Verifone’s commerce-enabled MX and VX products as well as next-generation devices such as Verifone Engage.
With Commerce Platform, merchants can reward their best customers with loyalty and points programs, display promotional media and coupons, leverage beacons for store analytics, and invite customers to redeem personalized offers in real time.
“While those of us in the industry can easily rattle off words like omni-channel, mobile wallets, mPOS, NFC, and EMV, what matters most to businesses are the things that will help them do more of what they love and less of what they don’t,” said Thad Peterson, senior analyst at Aite Group. “As payments become more integrated into commerce, products like Verifone Carbon will make running a business more efficient and fun with engaging solutions and high-value applications, while playing a pivotal role in taking consumer experiences to the next level. This is where all channels work together to deliver value to merchants and their customers.”
To attract and serve a generation of shoppers raised on e-commerce sites, Verifone is going beyond efficient and secure payment acceptance or the latest in shiny objects with Verifone Carbon.