Editor’s Note: As covered HERE, Petroleum Equipment Institute suffered a serious fire on Feb. 11. Fortunately, there were no injuries and the organization immediately set in place its disaster recovery process. For all of the disruption that has occurred, PEI has landed on its feet. Here is the latest from Bob Renkes, executive director of the Petroleum Equipment Institute:
Just over one week has passed since a fire destroyed PEI’s headquarters in Tulsa, Okla. However, the business of serving our members continues. In the past week, we have: published a regular issue of the TulsaLetter; exhibited at the WPMA Show in Las Vegas; conducted annual Safety and Convention & Education Committee meetings; organized a conference call to review public comments to the RP1000 document on marina fueling systems; assembled materials for PEI’s March Strategic Long Range Planning Committee meeting; sent the 2014 PEI Directory to the printer; worked on booth assignments for the 2014 NACS Show; and continued writing and editing the next issue of the PEI Journal.
Today, we are pleased to announce two more major developments:
1. New long-term temporary office space for the association has been secured just across the street from PEI’s old headquarters. Phones are being installed today; desks and other office furniture are on the way; new computers and printers are arriving daily; and beginning next Monday, February 24, we will be up and running at this new location. Our new physical address is 6931 S. 66th East Ave. #310, Tulsa, OK 74133. Note that PEI’s regular mailing address (P.O. Box 2380, Tulsa, OK 74101-2380) remains in effect. PEI’s main telephone number (918-494-9696) and staff direct-dial phone lines and email addresses also are fully functioning.
2. The online product catalog is live once more. Items available for immediate purchase include:
· PEI member mailing list
· Online tests for all 13 PEI recommended practices documents
· Digital editions of all PEI recommended practices documents
· Print editions for nine of our popular recommended practices
· RP100: Installation of Underground Liquid Storage Systems
· RP200: Installation of Aboveground Storage Systems
· RP400: Testing Electrical Continuity
· RP600: Overfill Prevention for ASTs
· RP800: Bulk Plants
· RP900: UST Inspection and Maintenance
· RP1100: Diesel Exhaust Fluid
· RP1200: Testing & Verification of Equipment at UST Facilities
· RP1300: Aviation Fueling Systems
Print editions of all other recommended practices documents also will soon be available.
The outpouring of support and encouragement during this time has been much appreciated. We are approaching the coming days with excitement and look forward to continuing to serve our members and the industry.
Contact:Petroleum Equipment Institute www.pei.org P.O. Box 2380 Tulsa, OK 74101 tel: 918.494.9696 fax: 918.491.9895