The Ohio Petroleum Marketers & Convenience Store Association (OPMCA) will host a webinar presented by Patriot Capital Corporation, addressing EMV’s impact on C-stores point of sale and fuel dispensers.
The fast-paced, 45-minute online course will begin at 11 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, August 25, 2015. Members of OPMCA may register for the webinar by visiting OPMCA Patriot Webinar Registration.
Patriot Capital Corporation’s experienced financial strategists will discuss ways Ohio fuel marketers and convenience store operators can optimize their capital and investing strategies – particularly given the spectre of the EMV requirements facing gas retailers and C-store operators in 2015 and 2017.
The presentation will provide insights into the opportunities created by the upcoming EMV upgrades for both in-store POS (point of sale) and outside payments terminals (OPTs), including gas pumps and car wash payment kiosks. Discussion points will include the importance of a full site marketing technology plan and the trade-offs between various forms of equipment financing, leasing, borrowing and cash payments.
Other topics to be covered include:
- The current state of capital markets;
- An outlook on interest rates and what they mean for the petroleum and convenience businesses;
- A current timeline and updates related to EMV adoption for in-store and Unattended Payment Terminals;
A brief question and answer session follows the conclusion of the webinar. The EMV deadlines that are driving upgrades for convenience store owners are:
- October, 2015, liability will shift to acquirers for domestic and cross-border counterfeit fraud card-present POS transactions if the merchant does not have an EMV-enabled POS device in use inside their C-Store.
- October, 2017, liability shift takes effect for transactions generated from automated fuel dispensers (AFD’s).
Patriot Capital specializes in enabling entrepreneurs to succeed by providing hassle free equipment financing to retailers in the convenience store and retail petroleum fueling industries. Patriot has been recognized as Best in U.S. by the PMAA, Petroleum Marketers Association of America.
Working with our customers to enable them to optimize their capital structures, Patriot Capital is the leading provider of capital equipment financing and leasing to NACS (National Association of Convenience Stores), PMAA (Petroleum Marketers Association of America) and SIGMA (Society of Independent Gasoline Marketers of America) members. For additional information, please visit www.patriotcapitalcorp.com.
Patriot Capital Corporation is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
Follow Patriot Capital on Twitter @PatriotCapital
Patriot Capital Corporation
Richard Browne, Vice-President Marketing,